The Reverend Dr. Oscar Terrance Moses is the second child of the late Oscar Moses and Rosetta Moses-Hill and the fifth generation to preach the gospel.
The Rev. France A. Davis served as the full-time Pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church for over 45 years. He retired on December 29, 2019, and continues as a member of Calvary, and as Pastor Emeritus. .
Our Purpose is to assure that all individuals will experience abundant life, fully participate in Christian ministry, and share the gospel with others.
Our essential beliefs are:
- The Bible, consisting of 66 books, is the Word of God and is the standard for our Beliefs and Behavior.
- God is ONE expressed as Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Man is born innocent and commits sin by choice…resulting in separation from God.
- Jesus Christ was virgin born, never sinned, and is the only way to forgiveness of sin.
- God loves us unconditionally and we are saved by His Grace through Faith.
- Baptism does not save but is an act of obedience.
- The Lord’s Supper is evidence of our covenant relationship with God.
- The Church is a group of Baptized Believers in Jesus Christ, striving towards perfection.
- Believers in Christ grow to Spiritual Maturity and the gifts of the Spirit.
- Death is the separation of the Spirit from the dust.
- Eternal life is for all…with God, in Heaven…and without God, in Hell.