When we make a decision not to pray three things will occur:
- We Open the Door of Attack:
- We Close the Door of Assistance:
- We Sit At the Door of Anxiety:
We have often heard II Chronicles 7:14 recited but do we really understand how powerful this promise of God is? It is very powerful but it is a conditional promise. “Hearing from heaven, forgiving their sins, and healing the land will be assured “If” we abide to the previous four directives; humbling ourselves, praying, turning from our wicked ways and seeking God’s face. You must read the clause in the contract! “If”!!!!
I am asking those of you that are physically able, to join me in prayer and fasting for the remainder of the week; until Sunday, March 29, 2020. Please do not compromise your health if you are facing health challenges. Do not compromise your immune system. I am asking that you choose any six hours of the day to fast from food. I will be fasting from 6:00am to 12:00pm.
We have a wonderful leadership team at Calvary Baptist Church that have been working with me to keep us all connected. A prayer line is being developed by the Deacon’s Ministry with prayer three times a day; 6:00am, 12:00pm, and 6:00pm. I am asking Calvary Baptist Church to intentionally focus our collective prayers on the three following areas of prayer concentration.
- Healing – We are asking God to heal the land (the world), not only of Covid-19 but to spiritually heal His People.
- Revival – Revival is not preaching or singing. Revival means restoring the relationship between God and His People.
- The Gospel – This is the best time to share Jesus to the world. Matthew 28:19-20 is not a suggestion; it is a command.
Because of Him!