Application Period: April 2, 2019 – August 30, 2019
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, please email us your contact information. Our pulpit committee chair will contact you.
The Calvary Missionary Baptist Church membership is prayerfully seeking a full-time Pastor, called of God, who has the experience, characteristics, and attributes to effectively preach and teach God’s word.
The applicant :
- must be responsible for the Biblical and Spiritual obligations as outlined in 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus, as well as a man after God’s own heart (1 Samuel 13:14).
- has to be a born again baptized believer in Jesus Christ and have the ability to fulfill the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- must be a visionary with strong leadership and communication skills who preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teaches sound Biblical/National Baptist doctrine, engages in Christian growth and development, promotes missions at home and abroad, and pursues the Great Commission in Matthew 28.
The Calvary Missionary Baptist Church is located at 1090 South State Street in Salt Lake City, Utah. Calvary has been in existence since 1892 in the downtown Salt Lake City area with a diverse, majority African American membership. The active membership is 500 plus with 33 ministries.
Our mission is to share the good news with non-believers, to make disciples of the unchurched, and to empower believers to faithful Christian Ministry living, showing love to one another.
- Licensed and ordained preacher of the gospel with five years’ ministry experience.
- minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies, Divinity, or Theology from an accredited school.
- Husband of one wife, no more than 60 years of age.
- Evidence of effective administration, leadership and communication skills-verbal/written.
- Ability to work with a diverse congregation across all races, genders and ages.
- Evidence of effective engagement in larger local, state, and national community.
- Committed to continuing education, personal development, and convention participation.
- Financial awareness and responsibility.
- A Visionary with sound judgement and discernment.
- Not convicted of a criminal offense.
- Willing to be mentored by current Pastor.
Applicants must submit:
- A Current Resume
- Copies of transcripts, ordination certificate, and any other related certificates.
- 2 DVDs of candidate preaching a sermon and 2 DVDs teaching Bible study.
- A Statement of faith and vision for The Calvary Baptist Church (1-2 pages)
All materials must be submitted to the church postmarked by August 30, 2019 by mail, or by email to the Calvary Pulpit Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.