Study Date: 6 Jan 19
Scripture: 2 Thessalonians 3: 1-5; 2 John 4-11
Key Verse: “And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, that, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.”2 John 6
GUIDING PRINCIPLE: Destructive forces oftimes thwart effective personal relationships. Believers must walk steadfastly loving one another and keeping God’s commandments.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED:
John 15: 12-17; 1 John 2: 7-11; 1 John 2: 20-27; 3 John 3-8; 2 Thessalonians 2: 13-17; 2 Thessalonians 3: 6-13.
- To grasp the importance of holding fast to God’s love.
- To aspire to love us according to God’s command
- To relate to fellow believers genuinely as Christians ought.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Faith—belief in God, confidence and fidelity.
Hearts—minds, character, inner selves, center.
Lord—master, sir, the Lord.
Pray—call on God, to petition, to make a request.
Steadfastness—patient waiting for, perseverance.
Word—divine utterance, analogy, speech, expression of thought, message.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
What does Biblical love look like?
How long does love last?
What are some of the causes of failure?
What should Christians believe about other people>
How should the behavior of Christians be measured?
What have you heard about the end times and events that will occur?
What is the value of human plans, programs, promotions, or personalities?
THE SEED HOLD FAST TO GOD’S LOVE/STEADFAST LOVE
SCRIPTURE: 2 THESSALONIANS 3: 1-5; 2 John 4-11.
- The Process and Way of Perseverance (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5)
- Believers are to pray for one another whether near or far, known or unknown.
- Our prayers ought to be that the Word of God have free reign in our lives.
- We should pray for deliverance from unreasonable and wicked men.
- All of us should have faith in God.
- God never fails us and keeps His promises.
- It is God that keeps His children form evil.
- Walking with Trust (2 John 4-7)
- Those who walk in the truth can rejoice.
- Believers are guided by the commandments of God.
- Our love for one another demonstrates the love of God.
- Those not confessing the Word made flesh are deceivers and are deceived.
- Maintaining Your Progress (2 John 8-11)
- God has instore for believers a full reward that we can expect to receive.
- Transgressors are not fllowing the commands of Christ.
- Doctrines difference form that of love are false doctrines.
- The support and encouragement of ungodly doctrine makes us evil doers.
Planning and acting is human while praying and waiting is Godly. God may not come when we want Him to but He is always right on time. So put your trust in God to minster and live.
PLANTING THE SEED
What ought believers do always?
What should have free course in the life of every believer?
In what sense are wicked men unreasonable?
If Christ came and died for us all, why do some men not have faith?
How can believers be kept from evil?
Should believers keep the Lord’s commandments for a long time?
By what authority are believers guided and directed?
In what can believers find joy?
How long has the children of God been taught to love one another?
What is the relationship between love and keeping the commandments?
What are the confessions of those who deceive others?
What is the benefit of looking to human power, to self?
Who is a transgressor in God’s view?
What should believers do with those who do not believers?
NURTURING THE SEED
What should believers do about prayer?
Do you think anything ought to reign freely in believers?
What makes for some men to be unreasonable?
Is it God’s will that some men do not have faith?
Is keeping God’s commandments what those under grace should do?
What is the lasting value of keeping God’s commandments?
Is love a New Testament concept only?
How can we be sure our confessions match the will of God?
Which people are transgressors?
FRUIT FROM THE SEED
Pray without ceasing.
Ask God to take over in the lives of believers.
Love is summed up in the Decalogue.
Believers are to hear the truth and walk in it.
When we believe, God gives us great joy to share with others.
When we keep the Lord’s commandments, we demonstrate love for one another.
Keep The Lord’s commandments forever.
Avoid false doctrine.
Hold on to the truth of God.
Do not encourage those following false doctrine to continue in it.