ISAAC AND REBEKAH CONTINUE THE LEGACY/MAKE A DECISION/SAY YES!
Study date: 28 Oct 18
Scripture: Genesis 24: 12-21; 61-67
Key Verse: “And Rebekah arose and her damsels, and they rode upon the camels, and followed the man: and the servant took Rebekah and went his way.” (Genesis 24: 61)
GUIDING PRINCIPLE: We have to face and make decisions that will change our lives forever. We must listen to the voice of God and let His promises unfold in our lives.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED:
Ephesians 5: 21-33; 1 Peter 3: 1-9; Genesis 29: 1-14; Genesis 24: 1-14; Genesis 24: 45-51; Genesis 24: 54-61.
- To understand how to seize the opportunity to be part of God’s plan.
- To welcome with joy the possibilities God opens to us.
- To say “yes” to the opportunities we have provided to us.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Appointed—decided, judged, corrected, made right, chosen.
Drink—to take in liquid, to participate in a banquet.
Hasted—hurried, be anxious, quickly.
Make me successful—grant success, to make it happen.
Peace—silence, speechless, without worry or fret.
Virgin—having never had sexual relations.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
What is God’s purpose in our lives?
Who was Abraham in relations ship to Isaac?
What is the role of a servant?
What is God’s reaction to a faithful servant?
What does the phrase “the hand of God” suggest?
When God makes a promise what is the role of us humans?
How is it possible for us to exercise our will and for the providence of God to happen?
Talk about some events that god has no part in.
Who guides those who are faithful to God?
THE SEED ISAAC AND REBEKAH CONTINUE THE LEGACY/SAY “YES”! GENESIS 24: 12-21; 61-67.
- A Believers Responsibility to the Next Generation (Genesis 24: 12)
- God speaks to whomever He wants to direct our lives.
- We must ask God to guide us in our decision making.
- God blesses one generation through another.
- Trust God to do what He promises and be obedient to His will.
- Pursuing the Goal at the Well (Genesis 24: 13-14)
- God acts toward us with wisdom to accomplish His will.
- Stories illustrate the working of god in our lives.
- What we do proves our respect for others, the elderly.
- Meeting Up With Divine Destiny (Genesis 24: 15-21)
- The chosen one show us when the time is right.
- God presents the best for us to consider.
- Prayer is always in order when making choices.
- Never put off till tomorrow what can and should be done today.
- Sometimes silence is the best answer.
- The Lord Will Complete His Work (Genesis 24: 61-67)
- Rebekah did what she was supposed to do.
- After the goal is reached meditation before God is appropriate.
- Obedience is the best response to what God provides.
Even the choosing a bride is God’s business. Whatever we need, we should trust God to provide for us.
PLANTING THE SEED
Who commissioned the servant to act and for what reason was the servant to act?
What is the role of the servant in accomplishing the will of God?
What are the things we ought to pray for?
As instruments of God how should we present the will of God to others?
Would this action be considered matchmaking?
How do we know the right person to choose for another person?
How should one generation relate to another generation?
Does God summon us to place to reveal His will?
Are there some actions required of us to help fulfill the will of God?
What happens when we delay in doing what God wants?
Is there evidence that God finishes what He starts?
What happens when we work together to accomplish the will of God/
NURTURING THE SEED
Is prayer only our talking and making request to God?
Can others intervene with god on our behalf?
What will happen when we are not where God invited us to be?
Are we doing what God wants us to do?
Does God do what He is going to do within our timelines?
When God answers our prayer, what should be our response?
Are human instruments always required to accomplish the will of God?
What assure do we have that the work of God will be finished?
Give some examples of God’s work being finished.
FRUIT FROM THE SEED
God always acts when the time is right.
Kindness is the right attitude to see God’s will done.
We must do our part to fulfill the will of God.
Getting out of our comfort zone pays good dividends.
God has the RIGHTperson for each one of us.
When we are on the right road, we can expect to meet our destiny.
When the work of God is done, we will be comforted and at ease.