GOD CREATED PEOPLE/PEOPLE ARE IMPORTANT/THE FIRST MAN
Study Date: 16 Sept. 18
Scripture: GENESIS 1: 26-31; 2: 4-7
Biblical Date: UNKNOWN
Biblical Location: EDEN
KEY VERSE: God said Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” (Genesis 1: 26)
GUIDING PRINCIPLE: After creating everything else, God created people as the highest form of creation made in the image of God and people were to rule over all of creation.
- To discern where God put humanity in creation.
- To show how and why God created man.
- To value oneself and others as part of God’s creation.
- To remember God created man to rule over the earth.
- To embrace God call to practice good stewardship.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED
Psalm 104: 1-4; Ephesians 4: 17-24; 2 Corinthians 4: 1-6; 1 John 1: 5-10; Deuteronomy 5: 12-15, Genesis 2: 1-3.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Created—shaped, formed, made.
Dominion—rule over, dominate, tread down.
Fruitful—bear fruit, branch off, increased.
Man—human beings, mankind.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
How many days did it take for God to create everything?
What unique things happened on the sixth day of creation?
What is common between man and other creatures?
How was mankind created different than other animals and things?
Discuss the reasons you think mankind was created last.
What other things happened on the sixth day?
What analogy is there between God and mankind?
Who had dominion before God assigned it to man
THE SEED GOD CREATED PEOPLE.PEOPLE ARE IMPORTANT Genesis 1: 26-31; 2: 4-7
- God created human life and ordained sexuality (Genesis 1: 26-27)
- Mankind was shaped by the God head.
- Mankind was to have dominion over the other creatures that moved.
- When God created mankind, He made them male and female.
- There was no confusion about sexuality when god created.
- The blessings of Having dominion over other beings (Genesis 1: 28-30)
- God cause the crown of His creation to be fruitful and multiply.
- They were to rule over all of creation.
- Mankind was to live on the herbs that bore seed and that which grew on trees, not flesh.
- The animals were to live and eat green herbs also.
- The Rest of God after Creation (Genesis 1: 31; 2: 4-7)
- God saw that all His creation was “very good.”
- The day was clearly morning and evening.
- The seventh day was made as a day of rest and no work.
- The seventh day was blessed and sanctified.
God created everything, then assigned man to ruler and protect His creation. He made man in His likeness and image as the crown of creation.
PLANTING THE SEED
What do we learn about the Trinity in the beginning?
What about The Bible makes believe in creation instead of evolution?
In what way are we created in the image and likeness of God?
What responsibility does our creation put upon us as humans?
What is the command that god first gave to mankind?
What food sources did God provide for all mankind?
What made the animal world perfect?
Is that evaluation of God’s work complete?
Why did God Himself rest?
To insure a time of rest God divided the day into what two parts?
What day is the seventh day and what are humans to do that day?
NURTURING THE CROP
Was the creation of man God’s afterthought?
Was the creation of man deliberate and intentional?
What might we learn from God’s words about the creation of man?
What two specifics does Genesis indicate about mankind?
Identify some characteristics God gave man.
What assignment did God give to mankind?
How did God distinguish one human from another?
Is it important for mankind to be fruitful?
What does it mean to have dominion?
What was God’s assessment of His creation?
What makes rest so important?
FRUIT FROM THE SEED
We reveal and display of God’s work in the world?
We are uniquely created by God to have a place for Him to be glorified.
Our responsibility is to care for the earth and all of God’s creation.
Everything God does is created “good.”
Whatever God starts, He finishes well.
We are to honor God by resting from work.
God set the example for how we ought to behave.
God completed His work and then rested.