GOD CREATED PLANTS AND ANIMALS/CREATIONS IN SKY, SEA, AND LAND
Study Date: 9 Sept 18
Scripture: Genesis 1: 14-25
Biblical Date: unknown
Biblical Location: HEAVEN AND EARTH
KEY VERSE: “God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.” (Genesis 1: 16)
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: With God as the Creator, we should never question the order of things. He created diversity and abundantly.
- To explore how God filled His world with light as well as life.
- To see the wonders of God creating all that we need for life.
- To acknowledge that God is Creator of all.
- To contemplate the order and interrelatedness of all creation.
- To celebrate the immense diversity of the physical world.
- To reflect the nature of God in all His creation.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED
Psalm 136: 1-9; Hebrews 1: 1-4; Psalm 104: 24-30; Job 12: 7-13; James 1: 17-18; Acts 11: 5-9.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Rule—dominate, reign, govern.
Set—put in place, give.
Stars—small sparkly lights.
Water—liquids, H2O, the sea and oceans.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
What are the roles of light in the universe?
What do you think the world would be like without light?
Who is in control of everything about us including us?
What is God doing in the heaven and on the earth?
What makes life possible?
What do you think could be added to make survival possible on earth?
THE SEED GOD CREATED PLANTS AND ANIMALS/SIGNS AND SEASONS GENESIS 1: 14-25
- Luminaries assigned to regulate time (Genesis 1: 14-19)
- Two lights in the sky.
- The big light called the sun for day.
- The lesser light called the moon along with stars for night.
- God saw that all His creation given to us was good.
- Life in the sea and the sky (Genesis 1: 20-23)
- God continue to create day by day.
- The waters were lifeless until God spoke fish into being.
- The air was lifeless until birds began to fly.
- God creation reproduced its kind.
- The earth was invested with life from God’s creative work.
- Life created in the land and Everything Good (Genesis 1: 24-25)
- The universe was ordered by “after their kind.”
- All kinds of animals populated the earth.
- God saw that all His creatures were good.
- Everything we would need was provided.
When God created, He had us in mind. So He created light to illuminate the world and life to let us be all His Word calls for.
PLANTING THE SEED
How does the fourth day of creation parallel with the first?
What are the four purposes in creating luminaries?
What were the specific purposes of the two primary luminaries?
Why might we think the stars are less important in God’s view?
How does the text emphasize the complete control of God over the lights?
What happened on the fifth day?
What makes the creation of these creatures distinct?
What do we learn about reproduction?
What did God create on the sixth day?
Name the three categories of animals and how are they like and different from man?
NURTURING THE SEED
How have we corrupted the design of God’ heavenly bodies?
What do we learn about the order and his character?
How should a believer view scientific knowledge that seems to contradict the Bible?
What does it mean when God calls the things He created “good”?
What are some of your most memorable experiences with God’s creation?
FRUIT FROM THE CROP
God demonstrates His mastery over time and space with creation.
God speaks and that settles it.
Stand on the word of God.
Things are designed by God to reveal His glory and power.
Because God neither slumbers nor sleeps, we have no need to fear.
What God creates is no longer void but filled.
All life and variety is perfectly sustained by God.
Whatever God controls and creates is perfect and good.
Be intentional about teaching creation.
Just because it is in The Bible does not mean people believe it.
God gives us the resources we need.
Man made things are inconsistent and faulty.
Pray for them to be strong in faith and courageous to defend what you believe.
Categories: Bible Study