THE LORD GOD THE ALMIGHTY/TOGETHER FOREVER/WORTHY OF ALLEGIANCE
Lesson Date: 22 April 18
Scripture: REVELATION 4: 1-6; 8-11
Biblical Date: ABOUT A. D. 96
KEY VERSE: “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” (Revelation 4: 11)
- To find the significance of heavenly worship.
- To learn truths about God and His eternal home.
- To understand all we can about God from The Bible.
- To long for the time when God will be worshiped in eternity.
- To live in praise as the people of God.
- To worship and give our awesome God all the praise.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED
Genesis 9: 8-17; Job 1: 6-12; Exodus 19: 20-25; Hebrews 12: 1-6; Ezekiel 1: 5-14; Revelations 19: 1-8.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Behold—see, look, lo.
Four-Living-Creatures— evangelist who carry Jesus Christ to men…Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Heaven—air, sky, place when God and His children dwell.
Raiment—clothing, garment of any type.
Rainbow—symbol of God’s covenant, many colors.
Spirit—the Holy Spirit, another Comforter when Jesus departed.
Throne—the seat of God’s presence.
Twenty-Four-Elders—likely men as representatives of the church.
Voices—a sound, a tone.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
How would you define the writings of the book of Revelation?
What other Biblical book has similar imagery and symbolism?
What are the names of the seven churches in Revelation and what do they represent?
Where in Revelation can we find the second vision that John saw?
THE SEED THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY/WHAT A SIGHT! REVELATION 4: 1-6; 8-11
A. The Invitation To Worship (Revelation 4: 1-2)
1. A door is heaven is open for John to see a heavenly view.
2. A voice spoke as a trumpet, so clear and forceful.
3. The Invitation was to “Come Up Hither” and see what will be.
4. In the Spirit he saw the throne with one sitting on it.
B. To Him Who Sits On The Throne (Revelation 4: 3-6)
1. God himself was seated on the throne for John to see.
2. Twenty-four elders were seated on smaller thrones representing the redeemed.
3. The throne was spectacular looking like crystal.
C. The Activity of the Four Beast (Revelation 4: 8-9)
1. Four living creatures before and behind.
2. Twenty-four elders and four angels complete the scene.
3. They were always busy saying “Holy, Holy, Holy.”
4. They gave glory to Gon on the throne.
5. They worshipped the worthy one.
D. The Praise of the Elders (Revelation 4: 10-11)
1. The recognized God’s holiness, power, and eternality.
2. They received crowns for their service to God on earth.
3. Their minds were captured by the awesomeness and splendor of God,
Heaven will be filled with worship that is too wonderful to fully explain or describe.
PLANTING THE SEED
- What do you think “In the Spirit” means?
- What is significant about describing the appearance of God as precious stones?
- How would the 24 elders be identified?
- What is pictured by the seven lamps of fire?
- What or who are the four living creatures?
- What do their eyes and wings represent?
- What 3 attributes of God are here?
- What does casting crowns before God represent?
- What did the elders say make God worthy of worship?
- How can we incorporate the attributes of God in our worship?
NURTURING THE CROP
- How are we comforted by visions we see of God and heaven?
- What is clear to us by the sound of trumpets?
- What do we learn from the throne about the power of God?
- What do we learn from the descriptions of the throne and visions?
- How do our earthly positions compare to the sovereignty of God?
- Compare this vision of John with that of Isaiah 6: 1-5.
- State your vision of God and how you are impacted?
FRUIT FROM THE CROP
- God guides us with His wisdom when we are filled with His Spirit.
- There is a place in heaven that God has prepared for His children.
- Nothing on earth can be compared to the majesty of God and His glory.
- The power of God is here on earth, there in heaven, and everywhere.
- All living things are created to worship and glorify God.
- Everything in creation belongs to God and we are stewards.
Categories: Bible Study