THE PEOPLE GAVE THANKS TO GOD/WORSHIPPING IN GOD’S TEMPLE/FINDING INSPIRATION
Lesson Date: 18 March 18
Scripture: 11 Chronicles 7: 1-9
Biblical Date: 959 B.C.
Biblical Location: Jerusalem
KEY VERSE: “When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the Lord upon the house, they…worshipped, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.” (2 Chronicles 7: 3).
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED:
John 9: 24-38; Isaiah 19: 19-25; 2 Chronicles 19: 15-30; Psalm 107: 1-9; Psalm 107: 17-19. 1 Kings 8: 54-61.
- To see he response of God to the prayer of dedication of the temple.
- To sense that God will respond to our worship when we obey Him.
- To worship God is Spirit and in Truth.
- To honor God in worship and to bless His people.
WORDS TO REMEMBER:
- Bowed—kneeled down, in reverence, bend down.
- Consumed—devoured, burned up, fed.
- Dedicated—trained up. Committed to.
- Glory—honor, abundance of favor, the presence of God.
- Mercy—kindness, faithfulness, lovingkindness, goodness.
- Sacrifice—offering, thank offering, given willingly.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND/TILLING THE SOIL
- What are people saying about worship today?
- Who are the people involved in worship at our churches?
- What kind of training is available related to worship?
- Is worship more than singing and feeling emotional?
- What is the outward evidence of true worship?’
- What should believers do to acknowledge God and follow in His ways?
THE SEED THE PEOPLE GAVE THANKS TO GOD/WORSHIPPING IN GODS TEMPLE
2 Chronicles 7: 1-9
- Worship by Praising God (2 Chronicles 7: 1-3)
- Solomon’s prayer of dedication for the Temple he built is in the previous chapter 6.
- The dedication serves continue in chapter 7.
- God accepted by sending fire from heaven to fill the temple.
- Fire speaks of the holiness and purity of God (Genesis 19, Exodus 3, , 13, 19.)
- The people responded by bowing down, worshipping , and praising the Lord.
- The Lord showed enduring mercy.
- Worship by Sacrifice and Music (2 Chronicles 7: 4-7)
- The people worshipped by sacrifice.
- They worshipped with music.
- They worship by offerings.
- Worship by Assembling (2 Chronicles 7: 8-9)
- A large gathering joined Solomon for seven days.
- The assembly was a solemn one with worship and praise in private and corporately.
Psalm 51 is a reminder that the sacrifices to God are a broken Spirit and a contrite heart.
PLANTING THE SEED
- What makes fire a fitting symbol of the Lord?
- What other Scriptures use fire as a symbol of the Lord?
- What was the glory of the Lord that filled the temple?
- Where else in the bible do we find the glory of the Lord described?
- What was the proper response to the fire and glory of the Lord?
- What did the sacrifice of animals show about the people and their worship?
- What part of did music play in the Temple dedication?
- Name the three kinds of sacrifices and what they showed about people?
- In what sense were the sacrifices a “sweet savior”?
- What was the significance of the two weeks of observations?
NURTURING THE CROP
- When the glory of the Lord comes in, how should believers respond?
- What should we offer God in our act of worship and why?
- How does the actions of the leader contribute to worship of the people?
- How does everyday worship compare to worship in the congregation?
- What benefits can we expect by joining a congregation is worship and offering bringing?
- What should we expect from our families when building and dedicating a building to the Lord?
FRUIT FROM THE SEED
- When there is true worship, the glory of God comes into the congregation.
- The people should bow down and worship God.
- Be still and reverence God when He is moving among us.
- Good spiritual leaders are an example of worship.
- God deserves praises for His everlasting worship.
- The church building is set aside for worship and should be reverenced by believers.
- It is good to set aside time to celebrate our blessings from God.
- God fills the temple with His presence.
- The people worship God.
- Celebrations do not last always.
Categories: Bible Study