FAITH TO UNITE/UNITED WE STAND/UNITED DESPITE DIVERSITY/STAND TOGETHER
Study Date: 31 Dec. 17
Scripture: Ephesians 4: 1-16
Biblical Date: A.D. 60
Location: From Rome
MEMORY VERSE: “Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long suffering, forbearing one another in love: endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4: 1-3)
GUIDING PRINCIPLE: Many of us search all our lives for something that will make us feel grounded. Paul tells us that although we have different gifts, our faith must be in harmony.
- To understand how the seven one of faith relate to Christian unity.
- To understands the dilemma of diversity and unity.
- To value the diversity and unity that we share.
- Become a living testimony by the way we live.
- To exercise out spiritual gifts in the pursuit of Unity.
- To live so that our lives are a consistent witness of Christ.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED
Ephesians 4: 17-5: 2; Colossians 3: 1-11; 1 Corinthians 12: 27-31; 1 Corinthians 12: 12-13, 22-26; 1 Peter 3: 8-12.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Mature—cause to increase, grow, become greater.
Worthy—in an acceptable manner.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
Where was Paul when he wrote this letter?
What would you say is the primary theme of the book of Ephesians?
What might be the value of this book for other than the Ephesians?
Where do believers find instructions regarding walking daily with Christ?
Is there anything the believer can do to become wealthy spiritually?
Are there some things the believer needs to do beyond prayer and watching?
THE SEED FAITH TO UNITE/STAND TOGETHER Ephesians 4: 1-16
- The Mandate of God for His Church (Ephesians 4: 1-6) Live a Worthy Life
- A Worthy Walk
- Walk so that the work you do for God is demonstrated.
- Practice the Spiritual characteristics.
- A Unified Body.
- One Lord, One faith, one baptism, one god, one Father of all
- That one is above all.
- The Provisions of God For His Church (Ephesians 4: 7-12) Clarify the Mystery
- Grace is given to all of us.
- Christ is the great gift giver.
- Four primary gifts are given—apostles, prophets, evangelists, preacher and teachers.
- Gifts have clear spiritual purpose.
- The Goal of God for His Church (Ephesians 4: 13-16) Commit to Living In Truth
- Use the gifts given to you until His return.
- Believers must mature and become adults.
- Speaking the truth must be done in love.
All who believer become one with Christ and with each other as we mature and walk according to Divine principles. Humility and patience are key to keeping the unity of the Spirit.
PLANTING THE SEED
What does the “therefore” in this chapter make a connection to?
What four things should characterize those who are in Christ?
What seven things form the foundation of Christian unity?
What are we reminded to do individually in verse 7?
What is the quotation used here and how does it relate?
What four types of gifts are given to the church?
What is the purpose of having gifted believers in the Church?
What is the essence of unity and what is its value?
What is the indication of spiritual maturity?
How is the church edified and for what purpose?
What is God’s plan for the church?
NURTURING THE SEED
How do believers affect the ministry of the Church?
What happens when we focus of the negative and the weakness and faults?
How should we address faults according to The Bible?
How can different gifts be useful in strengthening the church?
Why is it important for believers to remember that we all have been in captivity to sin?
Why do many believers find it difficult to speak the truth?
How should we prepare to face difficult times?
FRUIT FROM THE CROP
Glorify God by supporting and building up other believers.
God is the one who allots grace.
Unity in the Church requires that believers focus on God not on themselves.
Each believer belongs to each other as well as to God.
We are not moving toward spiritual perfection unless we have purpose.
All gifts are given with purpose for the body of Christ.
Each believer is gifted in some way to glorify God and to serve others.
We mature in faith when we fellowship with one another and with God.
The essence of spiritual growth is always love. Grow lovingly!