Lesson Date: 24 Sept 17
KEY VERSE: “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.” (Exodus 36: 26)
GUIDING PRINCIPLE: Many believers follow their own agendas with regard for the harm it brings to others. God wants to give us a new heart with a new spirit of loving care.
- To recognize how a spirit-filled heart makes a difference.
- To recognize the spiritual work god will do in his children.
- To live daily according to the new nature God has grant us.
- To receive the work of God and let His Holy Spirit guide us.
RESOURCES FOR THE SEED
WORDS TO REMEMBER
Heart—the center of physical, emotional, intellectual, moral activity.
Profaned—unholy, pollute, secular.
Sanctify—to consecrate, be holy, be separate, be hallowed.
BREAKING UP FALLOW GROUND
- What happens when the enemy gains control?
- Does the enemy break all of those captured?
- How do people live without the Spirit of God?
- Is captivity the result of disobedience or the sins we commit?
- What hope do we have that things will change for the better.
THE SEED SPIRIT-FILLED HEART/A CHANGE OF HEART EZEKIEL 36: 22-32
PLANTING THE SEED
- What do we know about Ezekiel and the context of His prophecy?
- For whose sake would God return His people to their land?
- In what ways had Israel profaned the Name of God?
- What was the promise made to Israel as to returning to their land?
- What is the sin that so easily beset this people before captivity?
- Explain the “stony Heart” that needed to be removed.
- What does God’s Spirit within allow us to do outwardly?
- Did the Lord forsake His people or did the people forsake the Lord?
- What physical blessings did the Lord promise His people?
- What good might come from remembering past sins?
NURTURING THE SEED
- What has happened to the people of God that being the need for restoration?
- What had the people done to the name of God?
- What is the importance of the name of God for His people?
- How did God assure the people of restoration?
- What sign is there of full restoration of Israel?
- What are the benefits and blessing of restoration?
- Will God’s people ever be known again as His people?
- What will be the reaction of the people when God restores them?
FRUIT FROM THE CROP
- Our sin cannot diminish the name of God or God’s faithfulness.
- Our call as believers is to represent, to witness for God to the whole world.
- We can only be what God wants us to be when He restores us fully.
- Rebellious hearts come only from God.
- God’s plan has always been to have a personal relationship with His people.
- New blessing s come when we receive a new heart and a new spirit.
- God will grant us the best when we turn to Him.
- We must admit that we have done so much that is offensive to God.
- Doing what God requires is for the sake of God.
- Believers must come out from among the heathen.
- God cares so much about us that He will give us a new heart.
- That new heart will be one of holiness.
- By remembering our evil we accept the goodness of God.
Categories: Bible Study